I've found my newest obsession and its in the form of sweets...obviously. Also, its just in time for Valentine's Day. These Chocolate Coconut Cups are incredibly easy, all naturally sweetened and vegan. Also, they take no longer than 10 minutes to make and require no more than 5 ingredients.
These are an absolutely must-try and are the perfect little thing to satisfy any chocolate craving. I found the recipe from one of my favorite blogs: Its To Die For
For the filling:
1 414mL can coconut cream (refrigerated for at least seven hours)
1 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla
1 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
For the chocolate coating:
1 c. coconut oil
1 c. cocoa or cacao powder
1/3 c. maple syrup (or more, to taste)
3/4 tsp. HImalayan or sea salt
- Add all filling ingredients into a bowl and combine until smooth with a whisk. Note: for the coconut cream, use only the solid ‘cream’ component (discard or save the watery part for a smoothie). Set in fridge while you make the chocolate coating.
- Melt coconut oil in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Place baking/muffin cups in your muffin pan (if your paper muffin cups are firm enough you may not need the muffin pan — I find it helpful). Pour a small amount of liquid chocolate sauce into each cup and roll it around so that the chocolate coats the lower sides of the cup. Set in fridge to firm up and then repeat this process up to four times.
- Next, add your coconut filling to a ziploc bag and snip off the corner of the bag. Pipe the filling into the cups – as little or as much as you like. I like lots.
- Lastly, with a spoon, finish the cups by spooning more liquid chocolate into each muffin cup — make sure the coconuty filling is completely covered. Place in fridge until completely firm and enjoy!